QAMAR ABBAS & CO
Solicitors, Barristers, Attorneys, Advocates & Legal Advisors
Apartment # 608 (68), 6th Floor, Fareed Chambers, Abdullah Haroon Road
Saddar, Karachi – 74400 (Pakistan)
Tel: + (92-21) 3565-1093, 95
Fax: + (92-21) 3565-0082
1. QAMAR UL ISLAM ABBAS, BARRISTER-AT-LAW
Government College Lahore (B.A.), and Inner Temple, London (1964), Advocate, Supreme Court, enrolled in Supreme Court in 1972.
· Lahore High Court Bar Association
· Karachi High Court Bar Association
· Pakistan Supreme Court Bar Association
· American Bar Association (Associate)
· International Bar Association (London)
· International Law Association (London)
· Honorary Member of the Association of Fellows and Legal Scholars, Center for International Legal Studies, Salzburg, Austria
· Chairman, International Litigation Committee “O”, Pakistan Chapter, International Bar Association, London
· Founder, Pakistan Institute of Human Rights, registered with the Government of Pakistan, 1971
· Association of the Trial Lawyers of America, Washington D.C., U.S.A.
· American Arbitration Association (Panel of Arbitrators)
· “International Banking Law & Regulation”, Pakistan Chapter, published by Oceana Publications Inc., Dobbs Ferry N.Y.
· “Civil Appeals Procedures in Pakistan” published in New York by Graham and Trotman.
· “Enforcement of Foreign Judgement”, Pakistan Chapter published in U.S.A. Mathew Bender/Juris Publishing.
· “Income & Capital Taxation of Corporation” Pakistan Chapter, published in U.K. by Butterworth, London, U.K.
· “International Food Law” published in 2000 by Prospect Media, St. Leonards, NSW, Australia.
· “Some Aspects of Administrative Law” U.S. Library of Congress, Catalogue Card No. 77-138673.
· Faculty of Law, former Lecturer in Constitutional Law, Islamic Law College, Karachi
· Former Law Books Reviewer, Daily “Pakistan Times”, Lahore, Pakistan
· “International Litigation News” published by International Bar Association, London
2. TAHIR HUSSAIN LUGHMANI, ADVOCATE SUPREME COURT
M.A. Political Science from Punjab University, Lahore, 1978; L.L.B. from Punjab University, Lahore, 1980; Advocate in N.W.F.P., 1981; Advocate High Court at Peshawar, 1989; Assistant Advocate General, Peshawar, 1994 to 1998; Advocate Supreme Court of Pakistan at Islamabad, 2008.
3. AAMER AZIZ SAIYID, ADVOCATE [ON LEAVE]
Cadet College, Hasan Abdal, Government College, Lahore and University Law College, Lahore, enrolled as an Advocate in Karachi, 1965, enrolled by the Sindh Bar Council as an Advocate of the High Court of West Pakistan, 1968, Secretary, General Counsel and Head of the Legal Department of Unilever Pakistan Limited, 1985 – 2002, practicing as Legal Advisor of Banking Mohtasib since May, 2002.
4. RAJA ALI ASGHAR, ADVOCATE
L.L.B. Karachi University 1975, Advocate 1976, Advocate High Court 1985.
5. ABDUR RAZZAQ, ADVOCATE
L.L.B. Karachi University in 2006, Advocate 2006, Advocate High Court 2009.
L.L.B. [formerly Law Officer of Port Qasim Authority], Karachi
Government Relations, Port matters
Responses, General administration, Attorney for clients
FIELDS OF ACTIVITY:
Arbitration Law, Admiralty & Maritime Law, Commercial Laws, Claims Recovery, Contract, Income Tax Law, Joint Ventures, Debt Collection, Civil Law, Dispute Settlement, Finance Projects, Foreign Investment, Company Law, Corporate & Contract, Incorporation of Companies, Customs & Excise Laws, Family Law, Criminal Cases, General Legal Practice, Shipping Law and Work relating to and at sea Ports. The firm conducts cases and provides representation in Courts up to the Supreme Court and before Tribunals, Arbitrators and liaison with Government Departments.
HAVE WORKED FOR:
(i) Karachi Port Trust, (ii) Port Qasim Authority, (iii) CIT Group/Capital Equipment Financing Inc. U.S.A., (iv) Thomas Cooper, Solicitors, U.K., (v) Swiss Bank Corporation, Switzerland, (vi) Oxford University Press Pakistan, (vii) Delta Shipping (Pvt.) Limited, (viii) National Refinery Limited, (ix) Pak Arab Refinery, (x) TransAsia Refinery Limited, (xi) State Petroleum Refining & Petrochemical Corporation (Pvt.) Ltd [PERAC], (xii) Pakistan Petroleum Limited, (xiii) Pakistan Industrial Development Corporation (Pvt.) Ltd [P.I.D.C.], (xiv) Pakistan Steel Mills, (xv) Jaronwala Sugar Mills, (xvi) Pakistan Cement Industries [Mustehkam], (xvii) Faran Sugar Mills Ltd, (xviii) National Construction Ltd, (xix) Defence Housing Authority, (xx) Pakistan International Airlines Corporation [P.I.A.C.], (xxi) M/s. Meredith Johns, U.K., (xxii) Unilever, (xxiii) Alcotan Cotton Trading & Export Company, Egypt, (xxiv) Shin Satellite Public Co Ltd, Thailand, (xxv) Uzin ExportImport S.A., Romania, (xxvi) Pakistan Battery Mfg. Co (Pvt.) Ltd., (xxvii) Ecotec CNG (Pvt.) Ltd, (xxviii) Shipyard K. Damen, Nederland, (xxix) Capital Spinning Mills, (xxx) Agro Livestock Ltd, (xxxi) Pakistan Gum & Chemicals Ltd, (xxxii) Infaq Foundation, (xxxiii) Fal Oil Co Ltd, Dubai, (xxxiv) Pakistan Steel Mills Corporation (Pvt.) Ltd, Karachi, (xxxv) Delta Transport (Pvt.) Ltd, (xxxvi) Delta Shipping (Pvt.) Ltd, (xxxvii) PERAC Research & Development Foundation [PRDF].